To become the safest place, Northamptonshire Police are looking for officers who are committed to:
- Reducing violent crime
- Safeguarding children
- Protecting vulnerable people
- Victim-focused investigation
- Always put the victim first, with a real commitment to public service
- Act with integrity, compassion, courtesy and patience
- Actively use their discretion and professional judgement
- Work with our communities and partners in order to build trust and public confidence, whilst increasing accessibility and the visibility of the service
- Reduce the risk of harm to individuals and communities
- Act with the highest standards of professionalism and in line with the Code of Ethics
- Take personal responsibility for everything they do
- Be positive about change and have a flexible approach to problem solving
- Be well organised and good at decision making
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Be open to and adaptive to change
- Have a drive for continued professional development and the development of others
- Be emotionally intelligent, with a high degree of self-awareness
- Have passed their probationary period as a student officer
- Qualified investigators applying for a DC role, must hold the PIP level 2 qualification and should have proven experience in investigating a wide range of crime, particularly in the CID environment
Northamptonshire Police is responsible for policing the county of Northamptonshire, covering 914 square miles and a population of 683,800.
Police officers and staff operate from police stations in Brackley, Corby, Daventry, Kettering, Oundle, Northampton, Rushden, Towcester and Wellingborough and Force Headquarters in Northampton.
The recruitment and selection process
Applicants will be invited to undertake and pass the following recruitment and selection process:
- Paper sift
- PSD checks
- Competency based interview (against the Police Professional Framework (PPF))
- PSD interview
- Fitness test
- Substance misuse testing
- Home force checks
How to Apply
Northamptonshire Police is currently recruiting for intakes, to apply, click here.
In order to effectively tackle crime and bring offenders to justice, the police service must reflect, understand and enjoy the trust and confidence of all the diverse communities we serve.
To enable the delivery of effective frontline policing, Northamptonshire Police seeks to recruit, develop and retain from the widest pool of talent.
For these reasons the force actively encourages BME and female officers to consider applying.
Northamptonshire Police has a strong commitment to equality and diversity being an equal opportunities employer, with an aim of employing a workforce that reflects the diverse communities it serves.
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org