Firearms and Shotgun Licensing
Fees paid by cheque should be made payable to The Police and Crime Commissioner for Northamptonshire,this can be abbreviated to 'PCC Northants'.
Application paperwork packages requirea postage fee of at least 61p ('Large Letter' rate). Renewal applications will be collected during holders renewal visits.
Applications should be made to the Police Service responsible for your home address. Applicants should read the explanatory notes re completing and submitting the application carefully as failure to submit a correct application will lead to delays.
On receipt of the application the following process applies:
- checks carried out on the applicant
- application passed to Firearms Enquiry Officer (FEO)
- FEO contacts applicant to arrange appointment
- FEO visits applicant and carries out full enquiry
- enquiry returned to Firearms Licensing Unit
- application is processed, certificate produced and
- if security checked and suitable on first visit, certificate posted to applicant
- if further security was advised, certificate is passed to FEO who will visit, check security and hand over certificate.
Our agreed level of service is to process a completed application within 16 weeks of receipt under normal circumstances. Incomplete applications and /or where there are other issues to be considered may take longer.
Applications for renewal will be collected with the fee and photographs by the Firearms Enquiry Officer during the renewal visit.
Grant applications to be sent with photos and fee to:
Firearms Licensing Unit Police Headquarters Wootton Hall Northampton NN4 0JQ