Student Officer Recruitment
Initial Police Learning & Development Programme
Are you looking for a new, exciting and varied career, which offers you a mixture of activities and extraordinary opportunities?
Do you have a strong commitment to making a difference in the community? If so the role of police officer could be for you.
Northamptonshire Police are now recruiting student officers through our Initial Police Learning & Development Programme (IPLDP) programmes; commencement dates in 2019.
See if the role is for you, find out if you are eligible and read our FAQs to find out more.
Policing is a challenging but highly rewarding role. Police officers within Northamptonshire Police protect people from harm and help make the county a safer place to live for family, friends and the wider community.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to become a police officer, Northamptonshire Police wants to hear from you.
About the Force
Northamptonshire Police has a vision of a Safer Northamptonshire, with the purpose of Protecting People from Harm.
The Force values consist of:
- Our communities will experience a quality policing service.
- At the heart of the service we deliver we will be honest, fair, approachable and reliable
- We will take responsibility for delivering a service that is effective, efficient and legitimate
- We will be confident and clear in making decisions that are professional and ethical and ensure we apply the Code of Ethics in our behaviour and professional practice
Northamptonshire Police are committed to:
- High quality service delivery
- Improved public and victim satisfaction
- Reduced reoffending and repeat victimisation
- Greater trust and confidence in policing
- Swifter resolution of cases
- Improved staff well-being
- Continued focus on emerging CT security threat
Our Approach is:
- Victim-focused with emphasis on early intervention, prevention, investigation and prosecution, with support to victims throughout
- Proactively identify offenders and challenge or change perpetrator behaviour
- Involve the community in decision-making relating to services we provide
- Promote and support good physical and mental health across the workplace
- Effective partnership working
Our Priorities are:
- Child exploitation
- Rape and sexual violence
- Domestic abuse
- Gangs and gang violence
What we are looking for
Good communication skills, a collaborative approach and a commitment to the community and protecting people from harm, are all vital. We look for personal drive and initiative, with a flair for making reasoned decisions in complex situations. You’ll also be aware of equality and diversity issues, and keen to play a positive role.
How to Apply
Northamptonshire Police is currently recruiting for IPLDP student officer intakes in 2019. To apply, please click here.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 22 April 2018.
In order to effectively tackle crime and bring offenders to justice, the police service must reflect, understand and enjoy the trust and confidence of all the diverse communities we serve.
To enable the delivery of effective frontline policing, Northamptonshire Police seeks to recruit, develop and retain from the widest pool of talent. For these reasons the force actively encourages individuals from a minority group and females to consider applying.
Northamptonshire Police has a strong commitment to equality and diversity being an equal opportunities employer, with an aim of employing a workforce that represents and reflects the diverse communities it serves.